Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day 2012!!!

This year was a wonderful Mother's Day!!! 

Yesterday I invited some pretty great moms over for a luncheon at my house!

Dining room set with my china

Fruit Pizza Appetizers

The "crust" is a sugar cookie!

Strawberry French Baguettes

Gifts for the moms (they all got a Scentsy full size warmer and 3 scents)!

My Mom

My Mom & Mother-in-law

Teresa & her mom, Connie

Paige and her mom, Kini

Kini is Emma's teacher and her "2nd mom" as I like to call her :) 
Just felt right having her celebrate with us!

She made me a beautiful Mother's Day banner of everything I love!

"Being a family means you are part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life no matter what."





This morning I woke up to 3 sweet little girls and a loving husband all bearing cards for me!!! I was then given the most wonderful gifts!

Baking goodies and GORGEOUS flowers!!!!! The carriers each have several pans inside!

This basket is LOADED with 2 boxes of cake mix, 2 boxes of brownies, 2 cookie mixes, 2 tubs of frosting, 2 pkgs of designer cupcake liners, and a jar of sprinkles!

The girls made me flower pots at school!

Letters to My Girls

My Dearest Reese, 
                   Thank you for teaching me how to be a mom from the moment you were born! You gave me the gift of motherhood! You will always be my 1st little girl and that will never change. You have taught me to be strong and how to PRAY! There were so many times you were sick and you needed me to hold you, love you, and make you feel safe. Thank you for sparking my inner craftiness as I search for all kinds of ideas to make you feel special! You have taught me that girls can be infatuated with bugs! Thank you for being my girl who loves her nails painted, hair done, and jewelry on! You will always be my princess!
                  All my love,
Mommy

Reese Addison & Mommy

My Dearest Emma,
                   Thank you for teaching me that I can love another child just as much and how that loves grows so incredibly much everyday! Thank you for teaching me how to dance for you love to dance! You have taught me to start eating my vegetables because you LOVE to eat everything. You have taught me how to LAUGH all over again! You are the funniest little girl with the sweetest heart! You have taught me how to multi-task between you and your sister ;) Thank you for teaching me how to enjoy and love every moment as you do! You have taught me to get excited about the little things! You will always be my sweet girl!
All my love,
Mommy

Emma Grace & Mommy

 My Dearest Scarlett,
                    Thank you for teaching me that there is always room in my heart and my lap for 3 little girls! You have taught me how to SMILE again! You are so full of smiles and can brighten my day in an instant! Thank you for teaching me to see my own beauty as I look at your beautiful eyes and see myself. Thank you for teaching me that I can overcome my fears for I had to leave you to start back to school. You have given me pride and joy as I am so proud of each and every one of your little rolls knowing that you are growing from your mommy's milk. Most importantly, you have taught me the beauty of God's plan. You will always be my angel!
All my love, 
Mommy

Scarlett Kate & Mommy

A Mother's Prayer
Author Unknown

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm,
Since you called on me to be a mom.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with building blocks.
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose.

Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last weeks mail to read,
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of your grace,
I see then in my small one's face,

That you have blessed me all the while,
As I stop to kiss that precious smile.

Thank you girls for teaching me the joys of motherhood, baking, crafting, sewing, artwork and most importantly how to love with my whole heart!

2 comments:

Brenden said...

This is the sweetest Mother's Day post ever!! I love the letters to your sweet girls. Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful Momma!

Tonya said...

Thank you Bren! I cry every time I go back and read it!!!