Sunday, April 3, 2011

WW: Week 12

Well I have to admit I slacked this week and basically "took a break" from being so strict with point counting. I had 2 or 3 days right at the beginning of the week where I didn't count points at all. By the end of the week I was back on track. 

Main Dish:
Tonight I made my very 1st Shepard's Pie, Lightened Up. You should all be proud of me b/c this recipe involves a lot of mushrooms and I NEVER cook with mushrooms! I didn't even know how to dice one up...ha! I have to warn you...it is A LOT of prep work. It would be much easier with a food chopper (which I don't have). This was not the easiest to make on the day Reese decides to skip a nap either.


It tasted great and was SUPER filling!! I almost couldn't finish it. Will definitely make this again!! 
Served with pressure cooked green beans.

Side Dish:
I made Low Fat Baked Onion Rings last night and they were VERY good! Onions don't count as points so these are only 2pts for half of this whole plate! They are actually probably worth less points than this even b/c I threw away quite a bit of left over batter and buttermilk. Very satisfying side dish :) 
I had to use "zesty" breadcrumbs b/c I was out of Italian, but personally we liked them "zesty"! I found breading them to be a challenge and think they will turn out better the next time. I did soak the onions for 2 hours in the buttermilk but it seems like that wasn't enough. Next time I will soak them longer and in a smaller dish. I used a big shallow casserole dish and the milk didn't really cover the onions well. I also found it hard to "dip" the onion into the breading...it wasn't sticking! I found that hand sprinkling the bread onto each onion worked better. Overall, they were yummy, filling and low fat! Served with  buffalo chicken on a whole wheat bun.


Week 12 Weight Loss: 0 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 21.5 pounds

No comments: